- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- Click Here for GHS Inspection Summary
- DYW January 2020 Newsletter - Click Here
- Breakfast Club NOW open! First floor landing every morning
- Click here for our Pupil Equity Fund update
- Download our School App from Google Play or Apple App Store
- New Books available in the Library - Click Here
First Chances Project
The First Chances Project is a partnership between the University of St Andrews, Fife Education and The Robertson Trust. This innovative programme aims to raise the aspirations and attainment of selected pupils from P7 throughout their high school journey, with continued support into higher education.
First Chances - S3 to S6
The senior phase of the First Chances Project aims to equip pupils with the skills necessary to achieve their full potential during their time in education, as well as provide them with a range of information on further and higher education which will allow them to make informed decisions about their future. The project aims to enhance the chances of pupils being offered a place at a competitive university or course of their choice (wherever this may be) and encourages pupils to make the most of their ‘first chances’ and access all opportunities available to them.
From S3 to S6, a tailored programme of workshops, tutoring, project work, e-mentoring and summer schools will be offered to pupils to ensure they are supported at each stage of their educational journey. Additional support will also be offered to teachers and parents to ensure pupils are well supported in school and at home. A flexible programme structure is also offered to all care experienced young people within the local area.