- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website please click on the following links for school updates.
- For All School, SQA, Coronavirus Updates & Letters Home - NEW Letter Added 01\06\20
- Weekly Learning Plans for S1-S3 & Senior Phase 29/06/20
- NEW! One Stop Shop for Parents/Carers 29/06/20
- NEW! GHS Learning & Teaching Newsletter 09/06/20
- NEW! School Bus Timetables
- NEW! UCAS for Senior Pupils 09/06/20
- NEW! Artemis Fowl Creative Writing Competition
- NEW! DAS Update 01/06/2020
- NEW! DYW App for S4 - S6 & Summer Leavers Programme
- English N5 & Higher Revision - Click Here
- Maths Revision - Click Here
- Social Subjects Revision - Click Here
- Art & Design Revision - Click Here
- Expressive Arts Revision - Click Here
- Modern Languages Revision - Click Here
- PE Revision - Click Here
- Home Economics Revision - Click Here
- Studying From Home - Click Here
- Library, Free Books & Activities to Download
- Support for Young People - Click Here
In the event of school closure please follow the instructions below for each year group to continue your studies at home.
Recipes to Practice at Home.
The Home Economics team provides pupils with a variety of interesting courses that contribute to life, learning and work. We provide courses for all levels of ability from S1 to S6.
In the senior phase, we offer Hospitality, Health & Food, Fashion & Textiles and Early Education & Childcare. We endeavour to create a positive and enjoyable environment in which pupils at all stages can enjoy both practical and theoretical classes. Courses are designed to challenge all pupils, as it is very important to us that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve his or her full potential.
Rigorous monitoring and tracking takes place throughout coursework and progress is reported to pupils, parents and carers. Homework is given on a regular basis and is used to reinforce classwork or to revise work.
The Home Economics department is responsible for delivering core courses in S1, S2 and S3 and also S3 Hospitality and S3 Fashion & Textiles.
Link to SQA site for Nat 4, Nat 5 and Higher Health & Food Technology past papers and guidelines