- Welcome to the Glenrothes High School website
- Click Here for GHS Inspection Summary
- DYW January 2020 Newsletter - Click Here
- Breakfast Club NOW open! First floor landing every morning
- Click here for our Pupil Equity Fund update
- Download our School App from Google Play or Apple App Store
- New Books available in the Library - Click Here
Why Would I Do This?
Taking pride and gaining enjoyment from the activities you take part in
Develop your teamwork, communication and leadership skills
Meaningful contribution to society
Personal statements / references
Gaining a nationally recognised award
What Is Volunteering?
Giving up your own time to help others (without payment)
Can add up hours from both
Hours can be back-dated for up to 2 years
What Counts As Volunteering?
Extra- Curricular Activities e.g. Sports / Music / Spiritual / Academic / Environmental / Enterprise
Student Tutoring / Buddying / Community Placements
Duke of Edinburgh (Volunteering Section) Committees e.g. Yearbook, Prom, Graduation
Charity work / fundraising – e.g. Lassallian
Events – Information Nights, Parents’ Evenings, Mass, Disco’s, Talent Shows, School Show
What Do I Need To Do Now?
Give the details of the voluntary work undertaken to Mr Hewitt