- Welcome to Glenrothes High School.
- Please click on the following links for school updates.
- Coronavirus Updates
- One Stop Shop
- DYW Newsletter
- Right of the Month May Update
- The Well Near Me - Leaflet
- Willow the Nurture Pup
- Important Information for Parents
- Rights Respecting School Award
- On Line Safety Tips for Parents
- Library, Free EBooks & Activities to Download & support Key Stage 2
- Support for Young People
Why Would I Do This?
Taking pride and gaining enjoyment from the activities you take part in
Develop your teamwork, communication and leadership skills
Meaningful contribution to society
Personal statements / references
Gaining a nationally recognised award
What Is Volunteering?
Giving up your own time to help others (without payment)
Can add up hours from both
Hours can be back-dated for up to 2 years
What Counts As Volunteering?
Extra- Curricular Activities e.g. Sports / Music / Spiritual / Academic / Environmental / Enterprise
Student Tutoring / Buddying / Community Placements
Duke of Edinburgh (Volunteering Section) Committees e.g. Yearbook, Prom, Graduation
Charity work / fundraising – e.g. Lassallian
Events – Information Nights, Parents’ Evenings, Mass, Disco’s, Talent Shows, School Show
What Do I Need To Do Now?
Give the details of the voluntary work undertaken to Mr Hewitt