- Welcome to Glenrothes High School.
- Please click on the following links for school updates.
- Coronavirus Updates
- Free High Quality Online Study Support Sessions
- One Stop Shop
- DYW Newsletter
- Rights Respecting Schools Award
- The Well Near Me - Leaflet
- Winter Writing Competition
- Family Author Event
- Willow the Nurture Pup
- Important Information for Parents
- Blended Learning Letter for Parents/Carers
- Health Zone 2020
- Rights Respecting School Award
- On Line Safety Tips for Parents
- Library, Free EBooks & Activities to Download & support Key Stage 2
- Support for Young People
Here you will find information to help and support Young Carers.
What is a Young Carer?
We at Glenrothes High School are committed to meeting the needs of all learners. One group of people who often require additional academic or emotional support are Young Carers. It is estimated that 1 in 8 young people in Fife will have a caring role at some point in their life. (Fife pupil-wise survey 2017/2018)
A Young Carer is a child or a young person, whose life has been affected by looking after a family member who may suffer from long term illness, HIV/AIDS, physical or learning disability and/or drug or alcohol misuse.
Please read the following article to find out how this may affect them as well as what support is available.
If you think your child may be a Young Carer please contact our Young Carer Champion Mr Forsyth via the school telephone number - 01592 583476.
Click on the link below for Fife Young Carers website.